Jesse was nice enough to hang out with Sebastian most of Saturday so I could take a day trip to Washington D.C. to visit a close friend of mine. The Penn Line runs on weekends now! 

First, we met up with her husband in Arlington, VA to eat brunch and visit their community garden plot. And of course I brought my land camera.



Then, we ventured into D.C. and browsed The Hirshhorn for a little while. The top two photos are part of the sculpture installation,  Last Conversation Piece, by Juan Munoz. Bronze. 1994-95. The bottom is my friend, Ariane, surrounded by a Barbara Kruger installation that covered the entire bottom floor of the museum.



We ended our afternoon by walking through the Botanic Gardens.

The house we're renting has a tiny patch of backyard that was in terrible shape when we moved in. I've been trying to transform it into a pretty garden all Spring, so gardening and plant life have really consumed me lately. I was really taken with the neon stems of this swiss chard plant. Even though I don't like the taste of it, I plan to add some to our garden next year just for that shock of color!

Good food, leisurely conversation, interesting art, and colorful plants - a pretty much perfect day trip to me.



Daytrip to D.C.

Posted on

6.23.2014

Category

,

,

,

Leave a Reply

Comment will appear shortly after being approved by author.