The book of Flannery O'Connor short stories that I'd been working on all last year for The Folio Society was published last summer, but because I had just had Sebastian at the time and was kind of out of my mind for a while, I never posted about it. I hate loose ends, so here's a look at the final product:






These are a few of the final 11 chosen interior illustrations, as well as the cover. The cover was drawn digitally in photoshop and the interior images were drawn in graphite.  I'll post the others and maybe some of the rejected cover ideas later this week. This was really a dream project for me. The Folio Society is one of my all time favorite clients and the source material was dark and moody and perfect for coming up with (hopefully) intriguing images. I'm really happy with how it all came together in the end.

A Circle in the Fire

Posted on

3.16.2014

Leave a Reply

Comment will appear shortly after being approved by author.