I've been meaning to learn how to screen print for the last 5 or 10 years, but things kept getting in the way. I never had enough time or the list of supplies seemed too long or I didn't have the set up space or I didn't have a good use for it, etc, etc.  A few months ago, I started ruminating on a personal project that would require screen printing. That's when I realized it was finally time make this goal happen.

Last weekend I turned one of our bathrooms into a makeshift darkroom, bought all of the necessary supplies and followed this online tutorial. I've now successfully burned my first screen and made my first set of prints! The prints are far from finished, though.  I still have several more steps to complete my idea. If it all comes together, it might turn into a fun side project and I'll post more about it on the blog. And if it doesn't, it's not a loss, since I now know how to screen print and love it so much that I don't want to stop!

Screen Printing!

Posted on

7.20.2012

Leave a Reply

Comment will appear shortly after being approved by author.