The last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic. Between watching the Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race for the first time (if you want to see photos, my sweet husband wrote a post about it on his blog) and working on several illustration assignments, I helped a group of fantastic senior illustration majors, who I know are all going to go on to become big deals, put on their commencement exhibit and then graduate.

My first year as a full-time college professor alternated between being incredibly fun and incredibly stressful (mostly when trying to balance teaching with my own illustration work). It was ultimately very fulfilling, but I'm ready for summer and the chance to finally concentrate on only one full-time job instead of two.

I didn't get to do much self-promoting of my illustration work this past year, so I'm making up for lost time over the next few weeks - new promo material, new business cards, new illustrations, new sketchbook work, updating my website, contacting art directors, etc. Whenever I add something new, I'll try to post it here as well.

Jesse and I also have been making a list of big and small summer adventures to go on over the next couple of months. I'll post about those soon, too.

And finally, I turn 30 in about a week-and-a-half and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess it really doesn't matter how I feel about it - it's going to happen no matter what. I do know I'll be celebrating with several old friends who I don't get to see very often, so that's not a bad way to start this next decade.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a couple more random drawings of arms that I sketched as part of a larger assignment. I love drawing fingers and hands and kind of like how these start to form abstract shapes.



Back to Blog Posting and Some Random Arms

Posted on

5.22.2012

Leave a Reply

Comment will appear shortly after being approved by author.