Our house in Philadelphia is still on the market. The only good thing about that situation is that the small garden I planted over the summer has finally ripened and we didn't miss out on any of the harvest. A lot of my plants failed (carrots, tomatoes, and strawberries), but we did get to eat some actual homegrown lettuce, basil, rosemary, mint and peppers.

The peppers are my crowning glory. We've been feasting on peppers each week in nearly every form  - stuffed peppers, grilled peppers, eggs and peppers, pepper stir fry, etc. Knowing that I grew them from scratch makes them extra tasty. Our Baltimore apartment doesn't have any sort of garden access, but that's probably for the best. I've been so busy with work since moving here, I don't think I'd have any time to try to grow things again. My window plants are even lucky that they're succulents and don't need much attention. Each week has gotten a little better, but I'm still figuring out how to balance my increased teaching load, my illustration work, my personal work...and the rest of my life. I think I'll have it figured out soon.

Harvest Time

Posted on

10.10.2011

Leave a Reply

Comment will appear shortly after being approved by author.